It’s easy to miss out on organizing wedding favors when you are already preoccupied with other wedding details. Wedding favors can range from candies to souvenirs given to guests as a sign of gratitude and thanks for attending the special occasion. Although not really necessary, it is already a tradition to give out wedding favours. Ideas on wedding souvenirs should not be difficult, as the choices are endless.
When deciding what kind of favors to give out to guests, consider you and your spouse’s preference and personality, because, what you give out should show a piece of the both of you. Your guests will be keeping the favors as a remembrance of your special day. You will want them to think of you and your spouse every time they look at the souvenir.
The next thing is to decide whether you will make them or just buy the souvenirs. If you make them yourself, you will be able to give them a personalized, original touch, but doing so can be expensive and challenging. With the number of guests that a bride and groom can have, the DIY approach isn’t practical. Some people simply just buy souvenirs and modify them just a bit, for a customized look.
You may consider any of these wedding favors.
• Candles alone don’t look great, so it is best to add a bit of decoration, so that they become wonderful souvenirs. There are different kinds of candles in the market. A plain white one can become a wedding favor simply by tying a ribbon around it. The color of the ribbon should be the same color as your wedding motif. You can also opt for scented candles placed in a glass. Wrap the candle in tulle and tie a photo of you and your spouse to it.
• Candies are lovely, and there are a number of ways you can turn candies into the ideal souvenirs. For great candy wedding favors, fill mugs with candies or mints.
• Your wedding photo cannot go wrong. Just make sure you place the picture in a nice frame. Some people would find carrying a wedding photo kind of awkward, though.
• Miniature ornaments make nice souvenirs, too, and there are so many options available nowadays. You can have dove or bird ornaments. Consider the time of the year. If you are having your nuptials in December, consider some Christmas ornaments.
• Miniature wine goblets are also nice. You can do a lot of things with them, like, wrap them in tulle or place pebbles in them. Ribbons tied around these miniature items will make them perfect.
If you are running out of ideas, you may consider chopsticks, seashells, a jar of cookies, potpourri, chocolate bars and bracelets. There is no need to spend a lot on these items. Cheap ones in the market are already good enough to serve as the souvenirs you give to your guests. However, it all depends on your budget. You can distribute wines or small jewelry pieces if you have money to burn. If not, then, there are always inexpensive mementos that are just as perfect.
How will you present your wedding favors?
There are different ways. One is by placing them on the seats or on the tables before guests arrive. Another option is to place them at the entrance for guests to pick up as they enter the venue. Or, you can also have someone else distribute them to everyone while the wedding reception is in progress.